Monday, October 20, 2008

A Working Vacation

Get the message?


The home and buildings were unscathed.


One of the small towns in the area.


After five days: an almost clean alarm panel




This little business had a close call.



Ike 08


Three weeks ago I went to Willis, Texas to work on the Hurricane Ike recovery effort for my company. I was gone for eight days and missed Becky, Hope and the kids and grandkids tremendously. Hope missed me too and I talked to her every day. It was about the fourth night I was away that the she realized I was not coming home after she went to sleep, but actually sleeping somewhere else. The damage in the area where I went to was due mostly to the numerous pine trees being blown down into power lines. I was amazed at how few house were hit by trees. The damage could have been much worse.

No comments: