Saturday, December 01, 2007

My New Camera & Adoption Update

Hopefully we will have more pictures and video to post soon. Ronnie bought me a new camera last week and I love it. I am still learning to use it. It is a Cannon A570. Several months ago I dropped my other camera and the screen broke which meant that I could not change any settings on it. Even though I could still take pictures for a while it eventually stopped working all together. I'm going to be very careful with this new camera and try to make it last longer than a year!!

I think we may need a good camera very soon....since we will be traveling to China in JANUARY to adopt our long awaited little girl. Late next week we should be getting a call from our Adoption Agency CCAI. We will know about 24 hours ahead that they will be calling with our referral information, they take the time to translate and verify all information received from the China Center Of Adoption Affairs before notifying families. I appreciate that extra step that they take, even though we have to wait an additional day. Our agency Chinese Children Adoption International is wonderful. The wait has been hard and they have been compassionate and have kept us informed throughout the last 2 years. When we first began the adoption process the wait time from getting your paperwork logged in with China until your match with your child was made was about 6 months and about the time we got logged in the wait started to increase. Our date is December 9, 2005 and we will have waited almost 2 full years from that date to be matched with our little girl. We are so excited and ready to see her precious face and to learn her history. We are especially curious about how old she will be. We are finishing her room this weekend and will post pictures ( taken with my new camera!! ) soon!

Becky

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You lucky thing on the camera. We had Lexington's picture made with Santa today. She did'nt really care for him to much. I'm curious on how old she will be. Then I will have an idea on what her aunt wants to get her.
Love ya,
Sharon